Snoop Dogg, is an American rapper, singer, composer, record producer, and also an actor. Forty-Eight years old Snoop Dogg was born on October 20, 1971. His origin is in the United States of America. His real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. You may check our recent publication of The Richest Hollywood Actors 2020.
Snoop Dogg’s net worth as of 2020 is $150 million and undoubtedly that made him one of the richest rappers in the world. Let’s have a look into Snoop’s background and his incredible journey to success.
|Net Worth||$150 Million|
|Born||Oct 20, 1971|
|Occupation||Rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, producer, entrepreneur|
Snoop Dogg Net Worth 2020
Snoop’s net worth is $150 million USD and it is increasing day by day. He is also a business-minded celebrity and understands proper marketing strategy. Some celebrities lose their money just after being retired but Snoop is walking the other way and increasing his capital. You may also like Ariana Grande’s Net Worth in 2020.
|Year||Net Worth in Million||Currency|
Snoop Dogg Earnings 2020
Snoop is earning a lot from the starting of his career. He is gradually he is investing in different sectors and converting his fans to his customers. He is one of the successful investor of his efforts in every step. Let’s see Snoop Dogg’s Earnings for the last 05 years. You may see Nicki Minaj’s Net Worth 2020.
|Year||Earnings in Million||Currency|
Some Biographical Info of Snoop Dogg
Spouse: Shante Taylor (m. 1997; div. 2004)
Children: Cordell Broadus, Corde Broadus, Cori Broadus, Julian Broadus
Height: 6.4 Feet (1.54 m)
Active Years: 1992 – Present
Awards: American Music Awards
Awards Won: At least 27
Movie: Mac & Devin Go to High School, Baby Boy, Soul Plane, The Beach Bum, Bones, Starsky & Hutch, Murder Was the Case, Training Day, Hood of Horror, Scary Movie 5, Turbo, The Wa
Famous Song: Young, Wild & Free, Gin And Juice, Wanna Thank Me, Doggy Dogg World
Albums: Doggystyle, I Wanna Thank Me, Tha Last Meal, Bible of Love, etc.
Genres: Hip hop, funk, gangsta rap, reggae
Labels: EMPIRE, Doggystyle, RCA Inspiration, E1, I am OTHER, etc.
Early Life of Snoop Dogg
He was raised by his stepfather and mother only because when he was three months old his father left his mother. Later, he struggled a lot to help his family.
- He was born in Long Beach, California. He was the middle child in the family. He had two brothers, one old and one younger.
- His parents Vernall and Beverly split three months after Snoop was born.
- His father was absent from his life so his mother remarried. Snoop passed his life with his step-father and his mother after his father left the family.
- His parents named him “Snoopy” when he was young because of his appearance. Snoopy was his favorite cartoon character from Peanuts.
- When he began rapping when he was in sixth grade.
- At his e was young Snoop started singing and playing piano at the Golgotha Trinity Baptist Church. teen, he became a member of the notorious Crips gang in Long Beach. He was arrested for possession of cocaine. Snoop gathered with future rappers Nate Dogg and Lil 1/2 dead after spending time in prison.
Snoop Dogg’s Career
He had several shifts in his multi dimensional career life. From his career we clearly can see that he never feels hesitated to change his company along with his branding name to achieve his goal. It also shows that he has always been very ambitious in his career life.
01. In 1992 through a mixtape on which Snoop was featured, he impressed Dr, DRE.
02. Dre became his mentor Snoop Dogg and started teaching him how to structure his raps. Later that year, Snoop collaborated with Dre in his album ‘The Chronic’
03. Snoop Dogg’s debut album ‘Doggystyle’ produced by Dr. Dre was a great success, and he continued heading towards greatness in the music industry. The album stood at number one on both the Billboard 200 and Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts. The album has given several hit solos including “What’s My Name?” and “Gin & Juice.”
04. Dogg father, his next album was released in 1996 and also marked as number one on both Billboard charts.
05. Snoop left Death Row for the next three albums and signed with No Limit Records.
06. He made 1998’s Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told, 1999’s No Limit Top Dogg, and 2000’s Tha Last Meal.
07. Later he signed with Priority/Capitol/EMI Records in 2002 and then released Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss.
08. He signed with Geffen Records in 2004 and R&G (Rhythm &Gangsta: The Masterpiece, That Blue Carpet Treatment, Ego Trippin, Malice ‘n Wonderland, and Doggumentary were released.
09. He was also a coach in the youth football league and high school football team. In September 2009 EMI hired snoop as the chairman of Priority Records.
10. In 2012, Snoop Dogg turned to Snoop Lion for his reggae album along with his first single release, “La la la”.
11. In 2015, he came back to being called Snoop Dogg, and then released Bush.
12. In 2018, Snoop announced that he was a reborn Christian and then released his first gospel album, Bible of Love. His seventeenth solo album, I Wanna Thank Me was released in 2019.
13. Besides music, Snoop has directed several adult films.
14. Snoop Dogg has also hosted a number of television shows, including Doggy Fizzle Televizzle, Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood, and many more.
15. Snoop also has a number of commercial endorsements, including Boost Mobile, Chrysler 200, etc.
16. Today, his album is sold over 35 million worldwide and is among the richest rappers in the world
Snoop Dogg’s Journey to $150 Million Net Worth
Snoop Dogg whose full name is a.k.a. Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr has been a significant figure in the pop music industry since he began his rap journey in the 1990s. He is idolized by many for his unique personality and creative endeavour, He is still continuing his recording but music is not the only stream explored by him rather there are many other ventures that have led him to success.
Snoop has become a successful businessman by using his name, fame and reputation. Many of them are unconventional, his net worth which is $150+ million, and shows that what he is doing must be working effectively. Have a look at some of the unconventional yet successful ways Snoop Dogg has become successful –
Snoop Dogg’s Doggystyle – a Film by Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg’s Doggystyle, an adult film that was released in 2001, was produced by Hustler. It features his music along with some X-rated scenes. This film won an AVN award for the top-selling skin flick of 2001. Though unconventional and controversial yet it earned a lot of fame and name for him.
Snoop Dogg’s Esports Endeavour – Gangsta Gaming League
Snoop is a gamer himself, so it makes sense for him to get involved in the industry. In 2019, Snoop created the Gangsta Gaming League to get into the e-sports industry.
Merry Jane- Snoop Dogg’s Website for Cannabis
Snoop smokes a lot of marijuana. All his entertainment works involve smoking. In 2015, Snoop founded Merry Jane which is a website dedicated to producing news about cannabis. Snoop is taking good advantage of his large audience who are interested in this particular subject.
An App- Snoopify
Snoopify was developed in 2013 for pasting stickers of Snoop’s face or joints onto their photos. Fans want to personalize Snoop’s iconic style and that is how he is using his fans to his business.
A Farm-Casa Verde Capital
Casa Verde Capital a firm founded by Snoop & Evan Eneman in 2015 that works with the notion of investing in cannabis start-ups. Eaze (weed delivery) and Greentank (vaporizer Hardware Company) are some of the businesses in which the firm has invested.
Snoop Dogg Slippers
Snoop launched his brand of slippers with different options like slides with cannabis leaves, slippers with a dog or lion logo, or slippers in the shape of Snoop Dogg logo.
A TV Show- Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party
Famous chef Martha Stewart and Snoop may seem like an unlikely pair but their TV show is a famous one. In Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party, many musical guests are invited to perform and they cook and play games together.
These are the major investments of Snoop and eventually he has become a popular figure within the music and cannabis industry. His path to success has been an inspiring one to follow to many of his followers.
Top Highlights of Snoop Dogg
Some of the best highlights of Snoop Dogg’s career are:
01. Doggystyle (1993)
02. ThaDoggfather (1996)
03. Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told (1998)
04. No Limit Top Dogg (1999)
05. The Last Meal (2000)
06. Paid the Cost to Be da Boss (2002)
07. R&G (Rhythm &Gangsta): The Masterpiece (2004)
08. The Blue Carpet Treatment (2006)
09. Ego Trippin’ (2008)
10. Malice n Wonderland (2009)
11. Doggumentary (2011)
12. Reincarnated (2013)
13. Bush (2015)
14. Coolaid (2016)
15. Neva Left (2017)
16. I Wanna Thank Me (2019)
Snoop Dogg’s Lifestyle
- Snoop Dogg’s owns luxurious homes.
- Snoop Dogg loves driving awesome cars. His car collection is huge and unique because he prefers classic designs. He owns a unique car collection of about 25 cars.
- Snoop Dogg enjoys smoking weed and it costs a huge amount of money.
- Snoop Dogg also owns a huge collection of jewelry.
Snoop Dogg’s Personal Life
Snoop Dogg is a West Coast-based rapper and composer. He is also an entrepreneur. His fans have huge interest in his personal life which is no way similar to people like us. He leads a life out of box and gets succeeded all the way round.
- On June 12, 1997, Snoop married Shante Taylor. In May 2004, they got to divorce. They reunited and renewed their wedding vows in January 2008.
- They have three children together, sons named Corde (1994) and Cordell (1997), and a daughter named Cori (1999). Snoop also has a son named Julian Corrie Broadus (1998), from his relationship with Laurie Helmond.
- Snoop became a grandfather in 2015 when Corde had a son with his girlfriend.
- Snoop’s first cousins include singer Brandy and Ray J and also Sasha Banks who is a professional wrestler…
- Snoop has been a cannabis smoker since he started his career and has been using this trait of his character as his iconic trademark
- In 2006 during an interview, Snoop told about himself that he was a professional pimp in 2003 and 2004. In the beginning, he started it out of a natural call, and later on, he found it was really fun for him. He stopped pumping at a stage of his life when he felt that he had to secure some time for his family life.
- Dogg partners along with city officials and annually give away some turkeys to the less fortunate people in Inglewood, California at Thanksgiving. In 2016 he gave away 3000 turkeys.
Snoop Dogg’s Real Estate
- In 2007, Snoop Dogg sold his 6,527 square-foot Mediterranean-style home with eight bedrooms in Claremont, California for $1.83 million USD.
- He also owns a 3,808-square-foot house in Diamond Bar, California. The estimated value of this house is $720,000.
His musical career started in 1992 when he was discovered by Dr. Dre. He is one of the most successful rap personalities in the music industry now. He is one of the richest rappers in the world with an amazing net worth of $150 million USD. So it must be said that he has come a long way from the time he has been found by Dre on his hard work and creativity.
Lessons from Snoop Dogg
01. Believe in Yourself:
Make sure you believe in your potentiality. Unless you believe in your ability to do something incredible you cannot expect to reach your goal. Don’t forget to respect your childhood too no matter how struggling it is.
02. Be Original:
Be original in your work. Make sure you are “you” and no one else. Make yourself unique and better than others.
03. Make Some Noise:
Yes! Make some noise so that people can easily get to know who you are. That’s the key, remember!
Snoop Dogg Quotes
01. “If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.“
02. “It’s so easy for a kid to join a gang, to do drugs… we should make it that easy to be involved in football and academics.“
03. “I just change with the times. I really don’t have a say in what’s going on. Music was here before me.“
04. “That’s how we do it in the black community; we give back to the people who made us who we are. We never forget that.“
05. “I love making music and I’m falling in love with making records, so it’s like having two girlfriends. But I can handle it.“
06. “Well, hip-hop is what makes the world go around.“
07. “When I’m not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.“
08. “If it’s flipping hamburgers at McDonald’s, be the best hamburger flipper in the world. Whatever it is you do you have to master your craft.“