Professionally known as MKBHD whose full name is Marques Brownlee is an American YouTuber and professional ultimate Frisbee player. He is best known for his technology-oriented videos and podcasts.
The name of his YouTube channel is Marques Brownlee, well known for MKBHD, a concatenation of MKB (His initials), and HD (high-definition).
As of 2023, his net worth is valued at $40 Million dollars. One of the special features of his characteristics is, he works hard and possesses a visionary mind that can see the future of the virtual world.
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Born||December 3, 1993|
|Education||Stevens Institute of Technology (BS)|
|Occupation||YouTuber, Tech Blogger, Podcaster|
|Lives in||New Jersey|
Marques Brownlee Net Worth 2023
As of 2023, the net worth of Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) is $40 Million dollars. This is sure this figure is going to be doubled within a few years. Let’s see MKBHD’s net worth for the last five years.
|Year||Net Worth in Million||Currency|
Marques Brownlee Some Biographical Info
Height: 6 Feet 3 Inches
Weight: 84 kg (185lbs)
Full Name: Marques Keith Brownlee
Family Member: Jeaniene Brownlee, Marlon Brownlee
Hobbies: New favorite hobby: Saying “Ok Google”
Channel Name: Marques Brownlee (MKBHD)
Active Years: 2008 – Present
Genre: Technology/Consumer Electronics
Subscribers: 15.4+ Million
Total Video: 1,450+
Total Views: 2.91+ Billion
Awards: 1 Silver Play Button, 1 Golden Play Button, and 1 Diamond Play Button from YouTube
Tag: Digital Star
Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) Earnings
As of 2023, Marques Brownlee’s (MKBHD) monthly income is more than 800K US dollars. Mostly he is earning from YouTube ads, sponsored videos, brand promoting, etc. Let’s see his trend of earnings per month.
|Year||Earnings in Thousand||Currency|
Marques Brownlee Personal life
Marques Keith Brownlee was born on December 3, 1993. He is a 26 years old boy but he has achieved huge success at a very young age.
- Brownlee was brought up in Maplewood, New Jersey.
- He went to Columbia High School and studied at the Howe School at Stevens Institute of Technology where his major was business and information technology.
- Brownlee completed his graduation from college in May 2015 and became a full-time YouTube.
- He used to produce his videos at his apartment until he moved out in 2016, and now he works in a studio in Kearny, New Jersey where he uses RED video equipment
- He has got a Tesla Model S P100D, which he used to feature in his channel occasionally.
- He recently (2021) replaced with the Performance (Raven) version of the same vehicle
Marques Brownlee Career
Brownlee started his YouTube journey on March 21, 2008. He used to upload technology videos about new products or reviews the products he already owned in January 2009 when he was a high school student. He created his first videos through screencasting. His first few hundred videos were basically hardware tutorials and freeware.
Marques Brownlee’s Review Videos
One of his major achievements in his entire career is based on his review and promotional videos. Fortunately, his talent is able to attract many renowned review sites as well as international magazines and newspapers. He as well as his videos are featured by a lot of prominent brands and these deals undoubtedly become a win-win game for both the parties.
- Several review sites have promoted Brownlee’s reviews. Engadget promoted his site in January 2012 when they featured his tour to the then-new cloud storage service named Insync.
- One of Brownlee’s most viral videos was posted in November 2013 which was based on the LG G Flex, where he demonstrated several scratch tests to exhibit the self-healing ability of the device. The video reached one million views on the very first day. As of December 2019, the video has reached almost 8 million views.
- His video review and scratch test of a rumored 4.7 inch MicroVAX 7 front glass component which was uploaded on July 7, 2014, gained immense popularity instantly. It was featured on most popular international sites like The Verge, Forbes, Huff Post, CNET, and Time Magazine. The video also appeared on NBC News and in hundreds of newspapers all across the world. As of September 2018, the video has achieved over 9.1 million views on YouTube and has earned over 60,000 ratings.
Marques Brownlee’s Prominent Interviews
Throughout his career, he has got many golden opportunities to interview many big shots from different backgrounds. Definitely these interviews gave him more fame and popularity.
- Brownlee interviewed Motorola CEO Dennis WoodsideIn in December 2013
- Brownlee did the first over-the-air interview with Evan Blass in May 2014
- Brownlee interviewed professional NBA basketball player Kobe Bryant in December 2015. The title of the programme was Talking Tech with Kobe Bryant! In this interview he talked about Kobe’s Tech interest and the most updated Kobe designed Nike shoes, the Kobe 11.
- During one of the 2016 Democratic presidential primary debates cosponsored by YouTube, Brownlee asked the candidates through his video whether the tech companies and the government should find a middle ground and come to dealing over encryption while considering both the rights to privacy and national security. It is clear from the fact that he is a politically aware young individual who is up to date in current world market with his essential leadership capability
- He interviewed Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering Craig Federighi in October 2016 during the release of their latest MacBook Pro 2016. The latter was, again, invited to Marques’ channel after WWDC 2021 in June.
- He took an interview with Neil deGrasse Tyson in March 2018 and in April 2018, Brownlee achieved the Shorty Awards Creator of the Decade. In June 2018, Brownlee became a guest on Hot Ones.
- In August 2018, he took an interview of Tesla CEO Elon Musk and with the cooperation of TLD (Jonathan Morrison) filmed Tesla Factory Tour with Elon Musk In December 2018, later releasing a video on his complaints about the series Brownlee was featured in YouTube Rewind
- He interviewed Bill Gates In February 2019 and in October 2019, he interviewed Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella before Microsoft’s Surface announcement along with actor Will Smith
- He took an interview with Bill Gates again in February 2021.
- He interviewed Mark Zuckerberg in September 2021 discussing holograms and the several aspects of the future of virtual reality.
Marques Brownlee’s Subscribers
His personality shows he must have millions of followers and in reality, he has achieved millions of subscribers on his YouTube channel. The current data is as follows –
- As of Jan 2023, it has reached over 16.5 million subscribers
- It has over 3.30 billion total video views till Jan 2023
- Vic Gundotr, former Senior Vice President, called Brownlee “the best technology reviewer on the planet right now” in August 2013
Marques Brownlee Personal life
His fans are extremely interested about his personal life along with his other interests. Some details are as follows-
- He is known for his quiet and calm personality
- He is a music lover and finds house music to be the best. One of his favourite artists is wolfgang Gartner
- He has got a ‘Google Pixel XL’ and currently staying in a rented studio
- He had a grey Tesla model SP100D car which he has lately replaced with with the Performance (Raven) version of the same vehicle
How Marques Brownlee Earns this Much
Much of his income comes from the ads shown in his videos. Being hugely popular in the youtube world, he earns a lot from his videos.
- He earns almost $200,000 and $3,100,000 a year in advertising revenue from his videos
- In a day his videos in his channel collectively get an average of 2 million views
- His monthly income from ads is estimated at $30k
Marques Brownlee Waveform Podcast
With co-host Andrew Manganelli, a producer for the MKBHD youtube channel Marques Brownlee hosts a Tech Podcast. The podcast is named the Waveform: The MKBHD Podcast and is sometimes called as “Waveform” and “WVFRM”.
- The podcast focuses on consumer electronics and surrounding topics. The first episode was designed on Apple podcasts and Spotify on July 31, 2019.
- Brownlee featured the podcasts on his youtube channel on August 13, 2019 in Introducing Waveform: The MKBHD Podcast! On YouTube. Among multiple guests invited on the podcast iJustine was one.
Smartphone Awards of Marques Brownlee
Brownlee started his own Smartphone Awards series in December 2014 and it tends to pick the best phones in specific categories from the past year. This is quite innovative and proves his leadership capability to the next level.
- In 2017, Brownlee started to distribute physical awards that were launched in the video. Most of those awards were requested and sent to the respective companies whose phones won them.
- After all of the phones of the year have been released to the market and tested The Smartphone Awards are usually posted. Usually it is distributed towards the middle of December.
American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL)
- Brownlee has many other career ventures. He is a professional ultimate frisbee player for the New York Empire (AUDL) who got the 2019 AUDL championship
- Brownlee also played for the Philadelphia Phoenix (2017) and Garden State Ultimate (2015–2017).
- Other previous teams in which he was actively engaged include the now-defunct New Jersey Hammerheads, a team that belongs to the American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL), and the New York Rumble in the now-defunct league Major League Ultimate.
From all his successful career endeavors this is clear how he has come to this far. Although he is a Tech expert and earns quite a huge amount of money along with fame from his career he is not aware of the rights of the citizens and states. He can raise questions like a sensible citizen and tech representative of the world. At the age of only 26, net worth of $8 million may sound rich and heavy but if he can carry on with his own pace towards success that time is not so far when we will find this number doubled and redoubled. Undoubtedly he is profoundly passionate about his profession and always remained focused on his ambition. Today success is running after him and there is nothing to get surprised about.